Thursday, December 23, 2010

Just Hanging Around

Well, there are probably all sorts of things I could be doing right now, considering that Christmas is only 2 days away. Christmas, however, is different here as other than one present each, we don't really shop for each other (a day at the beach is pretty much the perfect present) and I don't even have to worry about cooking dinner as we've been invited out. I will make a casserole to contribute to the feast, but that certainly doesn't take a huge amount of effort. We're having friends for brunch Christmas morning - once again, not too much effort and certainly nothing I can prepare today. I've pulled out all the required recipes and Mike and I went out this morning to stock up on all the necessary ingredients for my culinary efforts.

It was pretty funny as Mega was the social gathering place of the week. We ran into someone we knew on many of the aisles - Christmas is Christmas everywhere and the grocery stores are always packed. Mexican parents also looked just as stressed and frazzled as Canadian parents at this time of the year, and the children are equally as excited as their Canadian counterparts!

So, I'm having a somewhat quiet afternoon and have decided that I really need to something productive, other than sitting here listening to Christmas music. The music? Mannheim Steamroller, of course, and also The Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

I really needed to tidy up my photo files and decided to share a few. No particular rhyme or reason here, just photos that appealed to me at the time!

It is Christmas, and the tree went up, once again, in the Plaza Revolucion, in front of the Cathedral. Last year the tree was all coke bottles and I think I liked it better.





The children love playing with the pigeons and I think the pigeons are equally happy. The bread crumbs might have something to with the attraction, however.



I was walking to the Library for my Monday shift and noticed this tree.



It's been quite foggy lately and although the air usually clears by 8 or 9 a.m., early mornings can be a bit fuzzy.







The sky was crystal clear the evening these cruise ships were setting out to ports further south. It really does look like they're sitting on the roof of the Cathedral.



And then, of course, there is the bucket of beer, the favourite of many. I'm not fond of beer, but love the presentation!



Just in case I'm not back before the 25th, Feliz Navidad to all. I truly hope that your holiday season, wherever you are, is filled with love, joy and laughter.

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Sandie and Mike
    Glad to hear you are enjoying the holiday season in Mexico as we are here in St. Thomas Ontario.Those Mexican trees are very festive they look very tall!
    We have our first fake Christmas Tree this year it is very pretty, very easy to put up and looks real but it's not the same.I really miss the beautiful aroma of a fresh tree.Have a good one guys loved your card thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete