Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Pangas

It is definitely 'holiday' weather here in Mazatlan, 27 and sunny today, so off to Stone Island we went. We seem to spend a lot of time over there, and have been so often I've actually stopped taking the camera with me.

I did take it on our last visit, however, as I wanted to get a few shots of the pangas, the boats used to transport us over to the beach.



The price per person is 25 pesos (about $2.00 Cdn) and although tickets are issued no one has ever looked at a ticket.



I actually didn't get a very good shot of a panga, but while we were waiting I did notice a few things that made me smile -

the pelican standing guard over the ticket booth -



and the young man, busily chatting away on his cell phone as Dad was hard at work diving for oysters!



I was obviously sidetracked because I realize now that I actually forgot to take more than one photograph of the pangas! Oh well, we'll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment